Applications Engineer - Reedley, CA
Company: Advantage xPO
Posted on: January 20, 2023
BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and
manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and
packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven
manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide,
BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has
installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our
products and service network provide differentiated technology and
technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of
global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage,
wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal
care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and
collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have
decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging
line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers,
automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and
tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance
technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers
and pasteurizers.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier
of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
world.Please read the job description below and if you are
interested, please apply on Barry-Wehmiller's website, click here .
Job Summary: The Carton & Case Packing Solutions Specialist will be
responsible for all aspects of concept and estimating of new
equipment and solutions in a particular product line or group of
product lines to ensure the growth, competitiveness and
profitability of our product solutions while mitigating the risk of
each project and application. This individual will utilize a deep
understanding of the wide range of applications of BWIS and other
complimentary BW products, along with our client's needs, in
generating the optimal concept and estimate for a given product
group(s).ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESTechnical Resource
- Provide technical expertise to our Sales Executives and
customers regarding our product lines.
- Support Sales Executives in presenting and explaining our
solutions to customers.
- Maintain standards library for equipment layouts.
- Provide technical assistance to operations as sold work is
defined and executed.
- Occasional travel to customer's site to review project details
and/or present our proposal
- May participate in project-related meetings including design
reviews, assembly kick offs, team and site communications,
acceptance tests and post project reviews.Layout Drawings
- Evaluate customer requirements to determine the appropriate
- Create a floor plan drawing of proposed solution in
- Work with the customer supplied layout of their facility to
determine location of our machine and connections to upstream and
- Detail the layout drawing with dimensions, utilities,
elevations and other call-outs as required.
- Integrate OEM supplied system components into our layout
- Review customer specifications to ensure expectations are met
by our solution.
- Estimate costing (materials and labor) of our proposed solution
using costing tools.
- Consult with engineering on new concepts and associated
- Keep CRM program up to date with quoting activity.
- Develop complete proposal package as deliverable to our
- Conduct all activities in a manner that is always fair, moral,
ethical and legal.
- Consistently demonstrate the characteristics of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and confidence for the working
environment and for learning new tasks and accepting
responsibilities. Demonstrates willingness to learn and implement
new processes when given appropriate instructions.JOB
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering and 5 years of experience in
application engineering for packaging automation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and AutoCAD.
- Highly self-motivated, must work well with little to no
- Possess excellent communication skills using various modes of
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills including planning
and scheduling abilities.Desirable Qualifications
- Experience in SolidWorks
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365
- Specific expertise in cartoning applications
- Knowledge of packaging automation systems integrationADA
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for
operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about regularly
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical
- Travel by air or car - approximately 10%, as required The
approximate pay range for this position is $85-95K. Please note
that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the
position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based
on factors including but not limited to background, knowledge,
skills, and abilities as well as geographic location of the
position.At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see
listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our
differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and
meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you
require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify. Applicants may be subject to
pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, applicants may be
subject to conditional offer screening requirements, and/or skills
Keywords: Advantage xPO, Clovis , Applications Engineer - Reedley, CA, Engineering , Reedley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!