Campus Director - Special Education
Company: Spectrum Schools
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Spectrum Center Schools, a growing, dynamic organization with a
social mission to offer hope is seeking a Campus Director to join
our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture
that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
This is a real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the
students and families that we serve. - -The Campus Director
supervises and provides direction to the administrative educational
and related services staff to assure successful delivery of quality
educational services and Spectrum Schools objectives. Through
servant leadership, the Campus Director seeks to meet personal,
regional and company goals by building positive, professional and
productive relationships with all staff.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic
- -We Should Talk! ------
As the Campus Director you will foremost be responsible for
creating a positive school culture and increasing student
achievement by consistently ensuring the implementation of the
instructional practices and strategies endorsed by and in
accordance with Spectrum and Chancelight policies. -Instructional
strategies and practices may include, but are not limited to, IEP
goal attainment, teacher led instruction, small group
collaboration, and positive behavior interventions and supports
(PBIS). The Campus Director ensures a safe learning environment for
all students and staff and follows guidelines for
addressing/reporting issues and incidents.
--- Responsibilities Include:
- Providing vision and leadership to support student achievement
and effective operations by supervising staff, developing, and
implementing performance management plans, identifying professional
learning needs, and participating in professional learning
- Effectively participating in the employment process, including
hiring, to ensure an effective site team is in place, and providing
supervision through assigning work, helping create personal
development plans, consistently monitoring and evaluating employee
effectiveness and communicating and coaching employee
- Analyzing the professional development needs of staff and
aligning needs with the Spectrum instructional vision; while also
actively recognizing accomplishments and addressing issues to
ensure productive site operations.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and students by maintaining the
site and classrooms for operation, and ensuring compliance with
contract and specific state requirements, including staffing ratios
and crisis protocols. - Ensuring that all staff are knowledgeable
of the specific success criteria and any requirements set forth by
- Performing a wide range of managerial responsibilities;
overseeing the day-to-day operations and activities of the school,
including staff and school supervision, schedules, and activities,
custodial and maintenance, food services, transportation services,
administration, financial/budgetary operations, enrollment,
resource allocation, and district/community relationships.
- Driving the enrollment process, from referral to last day of
attendance. Ensures timely classroom placement upon receiving
referral, conducting effective site tours, and managing classroom
rosters according to student need and state requirements.
Participating in the development of plans for transitioning
students to the least restrictive environment.
- Instructing, monitoring, and evaluating all staff and students
in the use of learning materials and resources to ensure fidelity
of instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Observing, evaluating and reporting staff and student
performance and development through the START Checklist or other
- Participating in the assurance and accreditation processes to
ensure that the site passes or meets performance plans.
- Preparing and presenting required reports on student progress,
achievement, and activities, ensuring accuracy in numerical
analysis and presentation.
- Compiling, analyzing and using assessment data to measure
student growth, guiding instruction and/or academic intervention
for each student and site.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students' progress
and development, updating all necessary records accurately and
completely as required by state laws, Spectrum, Chancelight, and
- Ensuring the timely completion and distribution of grading,
report cards, IEP progress reports, and transcripts for all
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory requirements including but
not limited to IEP process and reporting, CDE compliance and
reporting, state testing, Spectrum and Chancelight
- Managing student behavior in the school by embracing the
Spectrum and Chancelight philosophy and policies, applying
appropriate support or disciplinary measures when
- Performing duties including but not limited to student support,
counseling students with academic problems, and providing student
- Representing Spectrum Schools at community, district/SELPA, and
local levels; communicating and collaborating with families,
district, and community members. -
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The position operates with oversight and guidance from the
supervisor in carrying out the essential duties and
responsibilities to provide overall leadership, quality assurance,
managerial and administrative support for the Chancelight campus.
The position oversees all site operations and functions as liaison
between the site and the school districts' designated site contacts
by establishing and maintaining positive, interactive, working
--- Education & Licensing Requirements:
- Administrative credential granted by an accredited
postsecondary educational institution and 2 years of experience
with pupils with disabilities.
- Pupil personnel services credential that authorizes school
counseling or psychology.
- Clinical Social Worker License issued by the Board of
- Master's degree issued by an accredited postsecondary
institution in education, special education, psychology,
counseling, behavioral analysis, social work, behavioral science,
- Special Education License and minimum 2 years experience
teaching in a special education setting prior to becoming an
- License as a marriage and family therapist certified by the
Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- License as an educational psychologist issued by the Board of
- License as a professional clinical counselor issued by the
Board of Behavioral Sciences.
--- Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership or managerial
- Knowledge of relevant technology including experience with
computers, Microsoft Office Suite, database entry and basic office
- Knowledge of curriculum, content areas and
- Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content
- Advanced skills in working with staff and students with diverse
needs at various levels.
- Advanced oral and written communication, instruction,
curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving,
decision making and organizational skills.
- Advanced motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and
adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
- Ability to be flexible, patient and drive change.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to
- Actively exhibits the characteristics of Servant Leadership,
looking to the needs of the people and seeking to help solve
problems and promote personal development.
--- Success Factors:
- Meeting or exceeding the targets of the site plans and goals
specific to the state or site, including:
- Site/ classroom level data
- Employee performance data
- Operational and Financial KPI
- Meeting federal, state, district and Spectrum compliance
- Operating site according to Spectrum guidelines and policies as
documented through the assurance process.
- Maintaining accuracy and confidentiality of student performance
records, employee files, training records, etc.
- Ensuring an atmosphere of positive student and employee
relations exists within the campus.
- Crating and maintaining positive relationships with
- Providing timely and accurate communication (including required
written reports and verbal communication).
- Ensuring staff can effectively guide student achievement and
are developed to take on new responsibilities.
Spectrum Center Schools -is a division of -Chancelight Education,
the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than -240,000 student
--'- Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program
services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided with the
opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to
achieve performance, success and advancement goals; and receive all
the tools essential to reaching your personal & professional
--- Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives
by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent
futures - -this is your -Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of
--'- - -Careers, With Chancelight. = Work. With Purpose. -
- 2 year(s): Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership or
- Masters or better in Special Education or related fieldLicenses
- Driver LicensesBehaviorsPreferred
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organizationEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Schools, Clovis , Campus Director - Special Education, Executive , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...