Surgery Center Administrator - Summit Surgical Center
Posted on: May 9, 2022
United Surgical Partners International is currently searching
for an Administrator.Job Summary
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and controlling all
aspects of the operating functions, processes, and staff of the
facility while demonstrating the primary goal of efficiently
providing surgical services that exceed customer expectations and
improve clinical and financial operations.Responsibilities and
- The daily operation of the facility.
- Serving, along with any committee appointed for the purpose, as
a liaison between the Governing Board, the Medical Staff and all
departments of the facility.
- Reporting the pertinent activities concerning the facility to
the Governing Board at regular intervals.
- Appointing a person responsible for the facility in the absence
of the Administrator.
- Planning for the services provided by the facility and the
operation of the facility.
- Overall management of the Partnership as outlined in the
Operating or Limited Partnership Agreement as applicable.
- Lead discussion/presentation during Monthly Operations Review
call with USPI's Home Office teamBusiness Operations
- Deploy, monitor and ensure that USPI's EDGETM is the foundation
of the facility's operational processes and appropriately
integrated within the facility's QPI program
- Ensure compliance with USPI's policy and procedures as related
to internal controls
- Develop, monitor and control the staffing needs, operations
budget and capital budget.
- Develop, monitor and control the purchasing plan to stay within
the proposed budget and maintain compliance with group purchasing
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory agencies and
- Negotiate and control all external contracts, such as those
with physicians, ancillary services, plant maintenance, and
- Establish pricing for procedures based on cost analysis and
local market standards.
- Foster positive work relationships among all departments of the
facility and act as liaison between UPSI's Home Office and all
staff at the facility.
- Develop and ensure compliance with appropriate departmental
policy and procedure manuals for use by the staff.
- Closely monitor variations in the financial performance of the
facility to avoid cash flow problems.
- Personnel Administration.Personnel Administration -
- Hold at least monthly staff meeting outlining goals and
priorities of the facility.
- Manage exempt and non-exempt employees in accordance with the
facility policies utilizing sound principles of practice and
- Review employee performance as evaluated by their respective
managers, ensuring that reviews occur as scheduled or at least
annually for each employee.
- Review and approve the disciplinary action and/or discharge of
- Evaluate management performance and other staff as
- Approve the addition or deletion of positions as well as
approve applicants for employment in new or vacant positions. -
- Develop employee productivity analysis, utilizing USPI's Staff
Tracker, and assure efficiency of staff levels through increases or
reductions in the work force as necessitated by changes in surgical
- Implements a program of job based orientation, training, and
ongoing evaluation for all employees.
- Manage all employee files and records.
- Provide educational opportunities for professional staff
development. - Promote the implementation of positive customer
relations by the employees and physicians.Clinical -Services -
- Promotes that the surgical programs and clinical services are
in compliance with the respective components of regulatory body and
accrediting body standards. - Work in conjunction with the Medical
Director and Medical Executive Committee in the evaluation and
development of existing and new surgical services at the
- Manage the clinical departments of nursing, central supply,
medical records, and housekeeping, and supervise the contracted
services of laboratory, radiology, pharmaceuticals, laundry and
- Monitor the adequate function of surgical equipment and patient
care equipment through contracted services and follow-up on
repairs. Marketing and Planning
- Develop and implement a sales/marketing plan and lead the
facility's sales team in accordance with USPI's Sales Plan and the
business plan for the facility.
- Identify and develop new services defined as appropriate for
ambulatory surgery centers.
- Foster positive public relations.Quality Improvement -
- Develop, evaluate and promote implementation of a continuous
quality improvement program.
- Administer the infection control program and medical staff
review of the quality improvement program.
- Identify and correct quality care issues.
- Develop statistical indicators to use in evaluating the overall
operations and quality of care provided.
- Serve as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee.Medical
Staff Relationships -
- Process the credentialing of practitioners of the
- Collaborate with the Medical Director in the review and
revision of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations on a
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and serve as a liaison in
problem areas with the medical staff. - Promote positive
relationships between employees and practitioners.
- Develop a system whereby physician's needs and their patients'
needs are defined in order to determine the proper mix of services
and efficiencies.Administrative Representative
- Attend corporate administrative meetings representing the
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the facility
- Maintain membership in professional associations relevant to
ambulatory surgery facilities and healthcare administration.
- Stay current in changes in the healthcare environment, such as
reimbursement, legislative issues and business law, and act
accordingly in the best interest of the corporation.Personal
Development and Professionalism
- Identify areas that require additional reinforcement through
education, consultation, or practicum.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and meetings.
- Follow the facility's professional conduct and dress code
- Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians and their office staffs, patients and employees.Criteria
- Patient/family feedback
- Annual Goals
- Physician feedback
- Employee feedback
- Bachelor's degree in one of the health professions, business
administration, public administration or other suitable field.
- Nursing or Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in a top administrative or
management position in the health field.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and
- The Governing Board may determine other qualifications as seen
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Mobility to move about the facility to supervise employees and
- Office environment typical, but frequent exposures to patient
care areas. -USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws
regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position, you will be required to show proof of
vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical
exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption
from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to
regular testing where required by law. -#LI-JA2Employment practices
will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Clovis , Surgery Center Administrator - Summit Surgical Center, Healthcare , Parlier, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!