Staff Nurse II SH - Fresno - Oncology - On Call
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional
caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group
of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to
patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the
environment and instrumentation, and other health care team
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential
patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations
following established protocols, remaining calm, informing
appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement
activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment,
utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical
record system application.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the
expectations established for the particular role.
Medical Assistant - Seattle Orthopedics; 1.0 FTE M-F -No
Weekends/No Holidays - Willing to Train!
6,500 sign-on bonus - -Job Summary:Kaiser Permanente Washington
serves over 700,000 members across the state of Washington and is
growing! We believe that achieving total health for our members
takes teamwork and we are looking for exceptional team members who
thrive on delivering an exceptional experience for our members and
patients. Kaiser Permanente Washington is recognized as a best
place to work that embraces diversity, fosters collaboration,
practices mentorship, and believes in a positive, healthy work
environment.Our Medical Assistants (MA) play a critical role and
are key to our promise on delivering an exceptional patient
experience. As an MA at Kaiser Permanente you will be part of a
world class care team working with outstanding nurses, physicians,
physicians assistants and nurse practitioners to provide the best
care possible. Join us in our mission to provide high-quality,
affordable health care services and to improve the health of our
members and the communities we serve.Essential
- Collection of selected data about health status of the patient.
Determines consumers purpose for visit, concerns and
educational/physical needs. Checks and records consumers vital
signs. Records pertinent data on the consumers medical record.
Recognizes urgent/emergent situations and refers them in a timely
fashion to physician or nurse. Participates with other health team
members in the development of the nursing care plan. Contributes
pertinent information to the nursing plan of care and passes it on
to appropriate professional provider. Follows through and
implements the nursing plan of care safely and completely according
to role and team specifications. Documents accurate information in
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every
encounter. Participates in the coordination and facilitation of
care for the patient. Cooperates and communicates effectively with
other team members in order to accomplish the workload. Recognizes
and reports obvious psychosocial, cultural and/or emotional needs.
Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose for visit.
Instructs and orients patients and family/significant others to the
health care team members, the services available, and the means of
access to those services. Participates in the orientation of new
consumers to KFHPWs policies and procedures. Demonstrates an
awareness of the Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.
- According to the educational plan determined by the
professional provider, provides instruction to the patient and
family/significant others. Provides instruction that matches
learning needs and the nursing plan of care. Encourages patient
compliance with therapeutic and medical regimens. Under the
direction of the professional provider, provides the patient with
preventive care information that matches his/her age, sex, and
health status. Utilizes available health education resources.
Reinforces the plan with patient to improve general health
- Accurately documents selected patient history observations and
procedures. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards. Provides each
patient a safe, comfortable, and private environment. Provides a
safe environment for each patient and adheres to KFHPW safety
standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control policies and
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for practice,
for continued growth and self-evaluation. Identifies own learning
needs and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs.
Participates in staff orientation and student education activities.
Participates with managers in completing the process for self and
colleague/team performance reviews. Consistently demonstrates an
appearance consistent with current KFHPW dress code policy.Basic
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program prior to
start date/transfer or equivalent Military experience with ability
to obtain MA-I prior to start date.License, Certification,
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Interim Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at
hire OR Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire
- If hired as MA-I, must obtain MA-C prior to the expiration of
the MA-I credential.
- Knowledge and skills listed on the Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington Medical Assistant Competencies/Skills Inventory.
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical
Keywords: Kaiser, Clovis , Staff Nurse II SH - Fresno - Oncology - On Call, Healthcare , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!