Medical Scribe - Per Diem
Company: Central California Faculty Medical Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
To facilitate patient flow through the practice site and aid in
ensuring an accurate and complete medical record for each
- Assists the medical provider by accompanying medical provider
during the medical history-taking and exam of patient; accurately
and thoroughly records details of medical history and medical exam
into the patient's medical record; and coordinates departmental
resources regarding tests, orders, radiology and results.
- Tracks the orders for each patient, records results and
notifies medical provider of results as it arrives.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up
instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology
tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Recent graduate of or currently attending an accredited college
or university pursuing a degree in pre-med or other related field
- Two years' experience in a medical office preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records and medical coding
training or certification preferred. Experience:
- Previous experience as a medical scribe desired. PERFORMANCE
- Working knowledge or ability to learn medical terminology,
accepted abbreviations, and medical office procedures.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam
details in medical record. Skills:
- Skill in organizational matters, including time management,
prioritization, multitasking, and problem solving.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new software
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and
improving patient flow. Abilities:
- Ability to type using word-processing software. Able to
learn/use other computer programs including e-mail, Internet, EPIC
for electronic medical records.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and
maintain effective/professional working relationships with
patients, physicians and other clinical staff, and the public.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations
for patients and families. Equipment Operated:
- Standard medical exam/office equipment, which may include
computerized health information management system for medical
records, etc. Work Environment:
- Medical exam/treatment rooms setting.
- Controlled lighting, acoustics, air quality, and temperature
- Environmental hazards may be unpredictable including exposure
to communicable diseases and biohazards. Physical Requirements:
- Involves standing and walking approximately 80 percent of the
day, sitting the remainder. Some bending, stooping, and lifting up
to 15 pounds.
- Repetitive motion work with keyboards and physical writing.
- All employees are responsible for complying with safe and
healthful work practices as outlined in CCFMG's Employee Safety and
Injury and Illness Prevention Program and policies and procedures
specific to their department needs.
$15.50-$22.50 / hour
Keywords: Central California Faculty Medical Group, Inc., Clovis , Medical Scribe - Per Diem, Healthcare , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...