Resident Assistant - On Call \/ PRN
Company: Blue Harbor Senior Living
Posted on: May 14, 2020
Job Location: Orchard Park - Clovis, CAPosition Type: On
Orchard Park is hiring On-Call Resident Assistants.
You know that feeling you get when you make someone's day a little
better? It feels great, right? Well, that feeling is available all
day, every day at Orchard Park, a Blue Harbor Senior Living
community. We are looking for patient people with great big hearts.
Our Resident Assistants (RAs) are known for their compassion,
dedication, and commitment to making a positive impact on others.
If that sounds like you, we want you to join our team.
Our Resident Assistants provide personalized and outstanding
customer service to our residents. But, more than anything, they
make sure our residents are happy, well cared for, and engaged in
life - all while having a great time.
- Responsible for total care of each resident in your Resident
Group for all activities of daily living (ADL's) including but not
- Toileting assistance and continence care
- Daily grooming such as combing hair, brushing teeth, washing
- Dressing assistance which may include picking out clothes,
- General monitoring for behavior and safety
- Transferring residents
- Escorting resident to meals and activities
- Assisting with ambulation programs
- Assessing residents for needs (care level increase, nursing
- Feeding assistance
- Care of resident pets
- Repositioning of residents who may be bed bound
- Monitoring of skin condition
- Orient each new resident in your Resident Group to their new
living environment, to you as their assistant, other team members
- Implement all components of personal care described in the
Resident Handbook, Care Plan and ADL's for each resident in your
- Monitor each resident's ability to perform basic ADLs, life
management and social skills and communicate observations and
potential difficulties to appropriate team members
- Work individually with each resident to expand the number of
ADLs the resident performs themselves
- Interact with each resident in your Resident Group positively
- Familiarize yourself with layout of property, emergency
procedures and incident reporting procedures
- Respond to emergency situations, documenting all incidents,
fire alarms and resident emergency calls
- Conduct and document floor and exit checks on all floors four
(4) times nightly
- Check for property deficiencies, follow procedure for executing
work order request
- Handle all resident questions and concerns in a professional,
- Participate in all training programs offered by employer
Education and/or Experience Requirements include the following:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Any State required license/certificate for caregivers
- Negative Tuberculosis test (per state requirements)
- Clear background check
We love our residents and our Resident Assistants at Blue Harbor.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, growing company in a
role that directly impacts the overall satisfaction of our
residents on a daily basis. Prior experience is great, however, if
you love making people smile, have a passion to help others, and
have a great work ethic, we want to meet you.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing
senior living company, currently operating communities across the
United States. Blue Harbor's home office provides top-level support
services for all of our senior living communities.
Blue Harbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Blue Harbor Senior Living, Clovis , Resident Assistant - On Call \/ PRN, Other , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!