The perfect blend of exceptional care and comfortable
accommodations, Clovis Community Medical Center remains a top
choice for women's services, labor and delivery, advanced minimally
invasive surgeries, sports medicine, and weight-loss surgery. Home
to the Marjorie E. Radin Breast Care Center, California's premier
breast care center, we offer screening, diagnostics, and treatments
using the most cutting-edge technology available. We're a
family-oriented, suburban hospital at the base of the Sierra Nevada
Mountains that's part of the Community Medical Centers healthcare
network. Expanded in 2012, Clovis Community has 208 all-private
rooms - making Clovis Community the only comprehensive hospital in
the area with all-private rooms.
Whether for inpatient or outpatient care, we're here to provide
the best possible experience and the highest quality care for the
people we serve. That means we are able to offer a variety of ways
for you to grow - both in the way you do your job as a healthcare
professional and in the way you live your personal life. If you
share our passion for providing the best possible care for each and
every patient, you should consider a career with our team at Clovis
Community Medical Center.
1. Provides pastoral care, emotional support and counsel to
patients, patients' families and employees of Community Medical
Centers (CMC). Provides support and services to any sub-set of
patients according to service, floor or department, as
2. Records assessments of patient's spiritual needs and
concerns, documents interventions to address them and the outcomes
or effects in the patient's medical record.
3. Acts as a liaison between hospital/medical/nursing staff and
family/friends of the patient during periods of crisis, terminal
illness or Palliative Care status.
4. Assists to provide 24 hour coverage, including on-call, as
5. Provides and conducts religious services (i.e., baptism,
communion, funerals, memorials, special holiday services and other
church rites) for patients, families and staff.
6. Provides education and training in spiritual care and
emotional support throughout CMC facilities.
7. Assists in training, support and supervision of pastoral
8. Collaborates and communicates with the interdisciplinary team
in assessing the needs of the patient and family to ensure that
comprehensive care is provided. Participates in patient care
conferences, as needed.
9. Develops and utilizes patient-focused resources to serve the
needs of the patient and family (i.e., library of
inspirational/spiritual books and tapes, community religious
contacts, informational resources on bereavement and grief,
10. Participates in local ministerial activities designed to
promote pastoral care volunteer programs and develop resources for
11. Consults appropriately with community clergy, congregations
and agencies, in all matters related to ministry of patients and
12. Maintains professional chaplain qualifications through
current ecclesiastical endorsement and professional credential
13. Notifies management of any breaches of standards and
contributes to improvement processes.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Divinity, Religion or Theology required *
Denominational ordination in good standing required * 4 units of
ACPE certified Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) required *
Master's Degree in Divinity, Religion or Theology preferred * High
School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or Completion
of a CMC Approved Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Certificate
and 6 years of ministry experience may be substituted for
Bachelor's Degree and experience requirement
o Note: Incumbents hired into position prior to October 20th,
2020 are grandfathered into the role with their existing units of
CPE (if any).
* 2 years of ministry experience providing spiritual care
required * 2 years of ministry experience in a hospital setting
preferred * 2 years of Palliative or Hospice experience preferred *
Bilingual - Spanish speaking preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* DL - Valid California Driver's License and driving record
acceptable to Community Medical Centers required