Patient Accounts Representative I
Company: Mammoth Hospital
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Posted on: May 31, 2021
The Patient Accounting Representative is responsible for
promptly filing hospital inpatient/outpatient claims with
third-party payers, following up in a timely and efficient manner,
to ensure appropriate reimbursement is received for services
provided. Patient Accounting Representative follows up on
outstanding balances for all assigned accounts, researches issues,
follow up with all payer correspondence, and complies with all
federal, state, and local regulatory collection guidelines.
Processes claims within assigned responsibility in a timely and
efficient manner, performing all associated duties in order to
ensure completeness and correctness of all claims information,
facilitating appropriate reimbursement.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze, update, and correct claims data according to
- Input data accurately, efficiently, and consistently.
- Perform work as scheduled, prioritizing as required for maximum
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of third-party payers' claims
requirements, UB04 requirements by payer, computer capabilities as
related to claims production, and admitting/medical records input
as they affect claims.
- Handle phone, mail, and personal inquiries from and regarding
- Assist each person promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Follow through on all issues identified as requiring action as
a result of inquiry.
Who You Are:
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of office experience preferred.
- Medical billing and collection experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computers required.
- Keyboard proficiency required.
- 10-key by touch proficiency required.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be
construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and
level of the job.An equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Mammoth Hospital, Clovis , Patient Accounts Representative I, Other , Mammoth Lakes, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!