Senior Plant Engineer - Big Creek, CA
Company: Edison International
Location: Big Creek
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Senior Plant Engineer - Big Creek, CA
- Job ID: 71033204
- Job Family: Operations Support
- Location: Big Creek, CA US
- Other Locations:
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Plant Engineer at Southern California Edison
(SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you'll will play a
vital role in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the Big
Creek generating assets by conducting inspections, acquiring data
for trend analysis, and monitor equipment health. You will help
identify emergent generation process issues and be responsible for
managing small O&M projects as well as act as an interface
between SCE Generation's Eastern/Western Operations, Project
Engineering, Asset Management and Generation Strategy.
As a Senior Plant Engineer, your work will help power our
planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for
everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Perform consultation on highly complex and unique technical
issues which lack engineering precedents and requires the
application of advanced engineering principles.
- Evaluate complex technical issues and recommends actions or
programs for their resolution.
- Lead high caliber engineering teams to develop feasibility
studies, proposals and preliminary design documents for unique
projects or programs.
- Participate in technical and industry societies and committees
to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of
- Performs assignments independently and may lead high caliber
- Provide training and direction to other engineers.
- Support emergent equipment and generation process issues
related to generation assets and online work management schedule
- Develop and support integrated capital work plans for the
annual budget, three, five and ten year planning horizons.
- Develop and support condition based monitoring and adverse
condition monitoring plans and actions.
- Develop and provide division support for Asset Health Committee
(AHC) and Asset Operations Committee presentations.
- Support the department's corrective action program and lead the
effort on behalf of Operations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Seven years of engineering experience related to a hydro or
electric power generation facility.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- P. E. License preferred and recognized expertise in specialized
- Possesses ten or more years working in progressing responsible
plant engineering positions.
- Demonstrated experience of power generation reliability
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in preparing/justification of capital projects.
- Experience working with Power Generation facilities.
- Experience working with Project Cost estimating.
- Experience working in Asset Management program
- Able to drive, fly, traverse on uneven surfaces (hiking),
sit/stand for extended periods of time, and work in various weather
conditions, for extended periods of time.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 60% traveling (around local
facilities/plants in the Big Creek area) and may require limited
travel throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison
Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have
previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need
to retest again for this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is
so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's
changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us
and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our
customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
Keywords: Edison International, Clovis , Senior Plant Engineer - Big Creek, CA, Other , Big Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!