Concierge- Westin Monache Mammoth
Company: Alterra Mountain Co
Location: Mammoth Lakes
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Westin Monache Mammoth Resorts Concierge Part Time Seasonal
ALTERRA MOUNTAIN COMPANY OVERVIEW:
The company owns and operates a range of recreation,
hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail
businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations
across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains
and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Steamboat, Winter Park Resort; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows,
Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort;
Stratton; Snowshoe; Tremblant, Blue Mountain; Deer Valley Resort;
Solitude Mountain Resort; CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures,
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION:
At the Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth contemporary elegance
redefines mountain lodging. The Westin Monache is Mammoth
Mountain's only luxury, full-service, four diamond hotel offering
gracious hospitality, a majestic setting and Westin's standard of
excellence. The Westin Monache Resort Mammoth is a 230 all-suite
resort just steps from The Village at Mammoth. The resort is
located adjacent to the village gondola with direct access to the
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. The Westin brand is built on four unique
differences - tradition, distinctive hotels, products and service.
We look for 'people who make the difference', a Westin legacy where
associates deliver a consistent and memorable level of service at
Create emotional connections with guests by being a "one stop
shop" for all Resort questions, requests and needs
- Check guests in and out of the Resort to Westin Brand Standards
by using Lightspeed hotel management software, taking credit card
details, arranging assistance with luggage, responding to special
needs and other duties as required.
- Act as a "one stop shop" for guests to Westin Brand Standards
by: answering the phones and directing calls as required, taking
reservations, answering questions for guests both in house and soon
to arrive, acting as a concierge, taking In Room Dining orders,
arranging bell and valet assistance, arranging Housekeeping
assistance, arranging Engineering assistance, inputting wake-up
calls into Lightspeed, pulling wake-up call reports from
Lightspeed, conducting wake-up calls, and other duties as
- Manage all aspects of the guests' stay to Westin Brand
Standards, including: solving problems that guests have experienced
and communicating the feedback to the Manager on Duty.
- Instinctively recognize personal events being celebrated by
guests on property and arranges gifts and hand-written cards to be
delivered to the room.
- Always follows the Westin Brand Standards established to
protect the safety of guests.
- Communicate with Associates, Management, Clients, Owners and
others in a courteous and professional manner, and in accordance
with Westin Brand Standards.
- Positively and professionally respond to Manager/Supervisor
requests to complete tasks assigned in accordance to Westin Brand
- Embrace and apply The Westin Culture and Core Values in all
work activities and interactions by actively participating in
trainings, learning opportunities and other related Associate
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School or equivalent education required
- Preferred 1-2 years of previous Front Desk Agent experience in
a luxury, full service property
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Lightspeed, GXP and Micros experience beneficial
- Marriott property experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Marriott Brand experience beneficial
- Alterra Mountain Company experience beneficial
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office,
- Candidates must possess the confidence and showmanship to
convey enthusiasm with a "spirit to serve" attitude
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry beneficial
- Applicant should enjoy being with people, conveying an
authentic generosity of spirit and displaying a positive attitude
and an openness to feedback
- Applicant should project an image of courtesy and of
professionalism at all times
- This position requires excellent communication skills
including: verbal and written, the ability to speak, read, write
and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established from time to time, is essential to the successful
performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all
scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply
with Marriott and Alterra Mountain Company rules and regulations
for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities.
Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject
to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per Westin Brand and Alterra Mountain Company
- Part Time Seasonal Concierge is eligible for a Mammoth Mountain
winter ski and summer bike pass
The Westin Monache Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Alterra Mountain Co, Clovis , Concierge- Westin Monache Mammoth, Other , Mammoth Lakes, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!