Medical Laboratory Asst II, Path-Surg Path - FT - Day
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Make a difference every single day.When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's
just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive
Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team
of excellent healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything needed to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals.The Medical Laboratory Assistant II functions with the
general supervision of senior technical/clinical personnel.
Responsibilities may include receiving, processing, and
distributing laboratory specimens and communicating information
about tests and test results. The MLA activities include
operational and support functions, assessment of blood donor health
histories and assisting in the orientation and training of new
employees. Performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention
to the age and developmental issues of the patient populations(s)
- Logs into the LIS patient demographic data, specimen collection
information and test orders.
- Operates and maintains selected laboratory equipment such as
centrifuges, cell washers, balances, or tissue processors.
- Attends to routine operational and support functions such as
preparing solutions/reagents, stocking supplies, disposing of
specimens, cleaning, and sterilizing glassware or maintaining and
- Participates in special projects or assignments.
- Verifies specimen identification, assesses appropriateness of
test orders and quality of specimen by recognizing factors that
affect procedures and results; takes appropriate action when
corrections are indicated.
- Identifies patients and patient samples by strict adherence to
established procedures, labels samples accurately and
- Reports test results to appropriate individuals and exercises
professional discretion with patient information.
- Follows SOPs for specimen receiving and distribution.
- Order/Receive/Modify pre-accessioned or electronic orders
- Correct modular pre-analytic operation (MPA).
- Responding to telephone requests or inquiries.
- Attend to inventory of supplies and restocking of
- Attends to new employee training.
- Follows proper protocol for handling send-out specimens.
- Reviews pending logs and worksheets for send out specimens.
- High School Diploma or GED.Experience:
- One year of clinical laboratory experience, including
familiarity with laboratory information systems, preferred.
Working Title:Medical Laboratory Asst II, Path-Surg Path - FT -
Department:Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Clovis , Medical Laboratory Asst II, Path-Surg Path - FT - Day, Other , Prather, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!