Company: Mammoth Mountain
Location: Lee Vining
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Mammoth Mountain Resort
in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
SeasonalLIVE THE DREAM. Work here. Play here.
The mountains are calling.
NOTE: This position is located in Mammoth Lakes, California.
Did you know that, as part of your employment at Mammoth, you
receive a free season pass, including free access to all other
Alterra resorts? Grin inducing, isnt it?
More about the benefits and perks of your adventure here:
- Ski passes for dependents (spouse/child(ren)) includes free
skiing at other Alterra Resorts
- Discounts on ski/snowboarding lessons
- Friends and Family vouchers
- Retail & Food discount
- Equipment Rental discount
- 401k with company match
*Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion
of a background investigation.A little about this position:
- Operates equipment to produce man-made snow.
- Starting and shutting down snowmaking guns and machines,
checking snowmaking machines and guns for snow production and
quality, removing ice buildup, positioning guns and hoses as
needed, maintaining equipment as directed.
- Frequently works in adverse weather conditions.Requirements:
- The Snow Placement Department is offering seasonal positions
involved in making snow.
- The department is able to offer openings for the winter season
for qualified applicants. We train in the use of snow making
equipment and procedures early in the season and start to blow snow
on the trails as soon as temperatures allow. We continue until
conditions no longer require snow to be made. The snowmaking season
generally lasts until we have met our goals for the winter season.
At that time, we may be able to help you find employment in another
department, should you wish to finish out the season at Mammoth
- Shifts for this position are primarily worked overnight.
- Crew will also assist in Special Events staffing.
- Our work schedules are flexible and are weather driven. We
teach skills in snowmaking to our employees as needed.
- Our system allows operators to graduate up the pay scale
according to the skills and abilities developed by the employee. We
will provide a skills assessment to apprentice employees after 120
operating hours, which could allow for a raise or promotion.
- Applicants must have a California Driver's License. You must be
at least 19 years of age, have had a license for three years or
more, and have no more than two accidents or minor convictions. You
may not have any major violations (DUI, DWI, Reckless, Hit and Run
etc.) in the last three years. This is a Safety Sensitive position
subject to company drug policies.
- Prior snowmaking experience is a plus.
- Truly qualified applicants only, please.Required
Keywords: Mammoth Mountain, Clovis , Snowmaker, Other , Lee Vining, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!