Hydro Controls Specialist, Senior (Project Scheduler)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Requisition ID # 150700 Job Category: Power Generation;
Maintenance / Construction / Operations Job Level: Individual
ContributorBusiness Unit: Electric OperationsWork Type: HybridJob
Location: Auberry Department Overview PG&E's Power Generation
Department manages and operates the largest privately-owned
hydroelectric system in the nation. These renewable electric
generation resources, located mostly at high elevation in
California mountain ranges including the Sierra Nevada and southern
Cascade mountains include 68 powerhouses, 184 miles of canals, 41
miles of flumes, 135 miles of tunnels, 19 miles of penstocks, 99
reservoirs, and 142,000 acres of watershed lands all covered by 26
operating licenses issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission (FERC). Position Summary Develops and manages complex
outage, maintenance and project schedules supporting major capital
construction and expense work throughout the PG&E generation
system. PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in
good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of
the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the
locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will
be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to,
specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience,
market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we
estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be
placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision
will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.---A
reasonable salary range is:---California Minimum:
$---97.000California Maximum: $---144.000 Job Responsibilities
- Gathers information to develop project plans and complex
relational schedules in Primavera P6.
- Manages the development of, performs updates and analysis of, a
project schedule, and recommends changes/adjustments as
- Updates Level 1, 2, and 3 schedules, coordinating changes with
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to achieve
consensus on final version of project schedule, making
changes/adjustments and ensuring project/task duration is
sufficient, and activities and logic (predecessors and successors)
- Lead constructability review meetings or any other schedule
recovery or development meetings on behalf of the Project
- Work with vendor and construction partners to integrate their
schedule into the overall project schedule.
- Ensure all project and activity level codes in P6 that are
required for generating weekly/monthly reports are kept up to
- Follow PG&E Schedule management and Integrated change
control procedures to perform day to day work.
- Support with any assigned scheduling improvement initiatives
within the department.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Perform the duties/provides back-up coverage to Career level
schedulers as needed. Qualifications Minimum:
- High School or General Educational Development (GED)
- CA Class C license or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in operations, maintenance, construction,
power generation systems, project management, or project
- 3 years of experience using project management and execution
tools - for example Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, SAP WM, EPPM,
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or
related field, or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project Scheduling Professional (SP-PMI) or equivalent
certification (e.g., project scheduling and resource management
tools or courses).
- Expertise in the use of Primavera P6 scheduling program.
- Expertise in Earned Value Management, Resource
Loading/Levelling, Schedule analysis & Critical path analysis.
- Expertise in performing data analysis based on scheduling data
from project schedules and propose improvement suggestions.
- Knowledge of database and information systems - for example
SAP, MS Access, Shared Drives, SharePoint.
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle.
- Out-of-town and overnight travel is expected during
- Travel to jobsite (30%) and other locations for meetings may be
required including out-of-town and overnight travel.
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Knowledge of project management theories, concepts, methods,
best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job
level Ability to prioritize work to ensure milestone and due date
commitments are accomplished.
- Ability to create, update, and monitor outage, project, and
- Knowledge of plant system interfaces and interactions
- Knowledge of Power Generation procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel,
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Clovis , Hydro Controls Specialist, Senior (Project Scheduler), Other , Auberry, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!