Leadership Training Specialist
Company: Glanbia Nutritionals
Posted on: August 4, 2019
Supervisor's Title: Director, HR Dairy Operations
Department: Human Resources
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Clovis, New Mexico
The Leadership Training Specialist will oversee the SWC leadership
program by developing the learning curriculm for supervisors and
managers with an organized approach.
- Responsible for participating in interviews and testing of
- Review existing training practices and materials to determine
effectiveness or change for improved results.
- Train new and recently promoted leaders, per leader program, to
prepare them for effective and impactful leadership.
- Work with department leaders, in conjunction with COE, to
design and implement a strategic training plan for Assistant Team
Leaders, Team Leaders, Production Managers and other leaders as
- Assess various training and development options and make
recommendation on which to use.
- Collaborate with COE team to deliver and coordinate corporate
training initiatives and projects.
- Deliver and facilitate monthly training program to improve
leadership, development, coaching, legal knowledge and skills to
improve employee retention, site engagement and team culture.
- Conduct audits to ensure supervisors are performing tasks
according to standards operating procedures (SOP) and trained
- Collaborate with Site Leadership to build and proactively
manage high potential talent.
- Analyze needs and develop individual development plans for
- Participate in continual professional improvement, including
but not limited to staying up to date on the latest training
technology and approaches to ensure the quality of training
delivered to the team.
- Develop and maintain status reports and presentations of the
leadership development participation and success.
- Provide support for performance improvement activities.
- Maintain documentation of supervisor certifications and all
information necessary for training documentation.
- Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the
culture of Southwest Cheese non-negotiables.
- Assist with employee audits (performance evaluations).
- Model Southwest Cheese values, policies and procedures.
- Participate on committees and Company teams as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and minimum of two year's related
experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and potential
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail,
recording keeping, routine database activity, word processing,
spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or the Safety
Typical Physical ActivityPhysical Demands
- Regularly involves, talking or listening, sitting, and the use
of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or
climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 55
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, and work
with the fingers.
- Involves light to moderate physical activity performing
strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment
or light traffic).
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately
without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so
Keywords: Glanbia Nutritionals, Clovis , Leadership Training Specialist, Other , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!