Procurement Manager (Heavy Civil Construction)
Posted on: May 22, 2023
RESPONSIBILITIES Including but not limited to:
- Assist in the development and overall management of the project
procurement plan in accordance with approved corporate and or
project policies, procedures, plans, strategy, and budgets.
- Collaborating with senior functional leaders to establish both
short and long-term business objectives.
- Communicate with senior managers with the projects bidders and
suppliers or subcontractors on all procurement related
- Oversee the preparation of the bid inquiry documents, bid
tabulations, and selection recommendations.
- Lead contract negotiations and preparation, including issuing
approval of contract documents, subcontracts, and permanent
material purchase orders.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop & implement new purchasing strategies to deliver
ongoing cost reductions & process simplification.
- Maintain existing relationships with subcontractors and
suppliers, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate
resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and
quality of work.
- Assist in settling invoices or contract disputes.
- Interface with project segment managers and contract
administrators, buyers, expeditors, inspectors, materials
controllers, transportation, and logistics and other parties as
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned -
- Bachelors or MBA in finance, business, or related field
preferred but not required.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in procurement in the
construction industry preferably heavy civil.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, import regulations,
competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms, and
- Heavy/Civil Construction industry experience -
- Knowledge of current market and cost drivers.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to reconcile
conflicting service and financial requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage
multiple priorities and timelines.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work
independently and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and
professional courtesy. Annul Compensation: $115,000 -
$140,000(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such
factors as education, experience, and skillset) Dragados USA is a
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Dragados, Clovis , Procurement Manager (Heavy Civil Construction), Professions , Selma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...