Journeyman CNC Machinist/Toolmaker
Company: Anlin Window Systems
Posted on: May 4, 2019
Support Manufacturing in the creation, programming, machining,
construction, and implementation of tool, dies, jigs, fixtures, and
special equipment required in the manufacturing operation. Will
assume responsibility for quality repair, change overs, and
preventative maintenance to all manufacturing tooling, ensuring
safe and efficient operations throughout the plant. --- This
position requires set up and machining of production parts on CNC
machinery. The machinist/toolmaker will effectively and efficiently
communicate any issues to the affected parties and ensure all
tooling is running at optimum efficiency assuring production
schedules are met.
Job Skills and Abilities:
1. Possess excellent computer skills using Mastercam 2018,
Microsoft Office, and eMaint X4 software.
2. Upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records,
maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, training logs, PM
3. Studies blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and
visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to
be used to fabricate parts and tooling.
4. Possess journeyman level toolmaker skills with a thorough
understanding of proper tool design, cutter selection, heat
treating, tool fabrication and assembly.
5. Familiarity in the proper use of precision measuring tools with
the ability to work within tight tolerances
6. Ability to operate all conventional machine tools and possess
advanced manual machining skills including but not limited to
contour milling, pocket boring, OD/ID turning, thread turning,
precision grinding of flats and contours, etc.
7. Ability to efficiently program, set up, and operate all CNC
machine tools (lathes, mills, and VMC's with 4th and 5th axis
8. Knowledge and ability to efficiently MIG, TIG, and spot
9. Strong background in metal fabrication and sheet metal using
shears, brakes, saws, and punches
10. Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills, knowing in any
given situation, what is efficient, cost effective, and will
provide the best solution that will allow the best opportunity for
- Associate of Science in Machine Tool Technology or successful
completion of Machinist or Toolmaker apprenticeship from a
certified Machinist/Tool & Die Apprenticeship program.
- 5 years experience as a skilled machinist with a minimum 2
years at a toolmaker level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM, complex tool design, and shop math
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates possessing
job related degrees, certifications, licenses, or technical
education in CAD/CAM, advanced machining, welding, & metal
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of plant machinery, hand
tools, hand trucks, forklifts, platform lifts, and shop
Keywords: Anlin Window Systems, Clovis , Journeyman CNC Machinist/Toolmaker, Professions , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!