Member Service Representative I
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: November 13, 2019
This position is committed to providing members the highest level
of service available in an efficient and courteous manner. Process
monetary transactions within assigned limits, maintain accurate
records and balance each day's transactions in accordance with
established policies and procedures. Proactively engage with
members to identify products and services designed to assist them
in achieving their financial goals. Answer questions, and direct
members to appropriate department for specialized services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate and interact with members to identify their
financial needs and offer solutions, or refer members to
- Process and audit financial transactions including deposits,
withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger entries while
maintaining a cash drawer.
- Provide Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited
to cashier's checks, money orders, savings bonds, wire transfers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and Elder Financial Abuse laws
appropriate to the position.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring
others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision
and core values.
- Identify, investigate, and respond to member concerns by
interacting with internal resources and follow up with
- Identify and report fraudulent activity to management and
Financial Investigations dept., in accordance with current
procedures to prevent potential loss to the credit union
- Maintain current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and
services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller
- Assist in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash
Dispenser Units including, but not limited to, replacing receipt
cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
- Successful completion of Teller Skills Test is
- May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch
- Available to work weekends and/or extended hours required to
run the business, including special events as they occur.
- Assist other staff in completion of daily activities.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an
on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Branch and back office staff
- EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial
- EDUCATION: Completed High School curriculum or GED.
- EXPERIENCE: One year in a Teller and/or retail experience. Cash
handling a plus.
- Demonstrated use of computer systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Member Relations skills.
- Knowledgeable of credit union rules, regulations and
- Ability to achieve individual and branch objectives.
- Ability to display positive, outgoing, and empathetic
- Reliable work attendance.
- Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends.
- High School level match skills, ten key, and other relevant
equipment within the branch.
- Bilingual-English and Spanish communication skills
- a) Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is
provided as may be needed
- b) Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- c) Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish
- d) Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to
enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- e) Corrected vision in the normal range.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Clovis , Member Service Representative I, Sales , Clovis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!